Teacher Training: Mindfulness and Yoga in Schools (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
In this training we will explore:
- A special focus on elementary aged kids, pre-teens and teens, looking at development, social and emotional issues that arise and how to plan a series of classes for them.
- Gaining knowledge of a multitude of tools to teach yoga, mindfulness, incorporating games, meditation, journaling, and special projects into curriculum
- Teaching in school and studio environments, alternative schools, community centers & off-campus PE programs
- Learning effective strategies to market and develop a kids yoga business and work for yourself effectively!
- Learning effective classroom management techniques to help control the dynamics and flow of your class and create happy kids yoga experiences
- Solving and preventing the most common class management challenges that pop up
- Building your awareness of your own style as a teacher through journaling and practice
- Helping elementary, middle and high-schoolers with: transitions, releasing stress, meditations, & creating a lifelong yoga practice
- General information on common special needs, such as Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, musculoskeletal disorder, etc. and information on resources to learn about any condition/challenge.
- Therapeutic outlook on yoga asanas, breath work, sound work, yoga nidra, meditation. A more focused exploration of the types of practices and how to choose well for your students.
- The opportunity to team teach 2 yoga classes to the community: Kids Yoga (6-12 yrs) Teen Yoga (13-17 yrs.) (parents and siblings welcome)
3 days of training with Liz Shakti & special guest teacher
Training held in beautiful downtown San Francisco at a sweet studio setting (location provided upon purchase) with mats & all props provided
Shakti Kids Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness & Yoga in Schools Manual
Shakti Kids Yoga 28 hour Teacher Training Certificate
Investment $425 OR
Bundle and Save! Sign up for Teacher Trainings 1-3 for only $333/training. (Save $92/training, thats over $275 savings total)
Internships and payment plans available. To request an internship or payment plan, contact Liz at email@example.com.