Mindfulness and Yoga in Schools (Ages 6-17) + Special Needs & Abilities
Time & Location
About The Event
In this training we will explore:
- A special focus on elementary aged kids, pre-teens and teens, looking at development, social and emotional issues that arise and how to plan a series of classes for them.
- Gaining knowledge of a multitude of tools to teach yoga, mindfulness, incorporating games, meditation, journaling, and special projects into curriculum
- Teaching in school and studio environments, alternative schools, community centers & off-campus PE programs
- Learning effective strategies to market and develop a kids yoga business and work for yourself effectively!
- Learning effective classroom management techniques to help control the dynamics and flow of your class and create happy kids yoga experiences
- Solving and preventing the most common class management challenges that pop up
- Building your awareness of your own style as a teacher through journaling and practice
- Helping elementary, middle and high-schoolers with: transitions, releasing stress, meditations, & creating a lifelong yoga practice
- General information on common special needs, such as Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, musculoskeletal disorder, etc. and information on resources to learn about any condition/challenge.
- Therapeutic outlook on yoga asanas, breath work, sound work, yoga nidra, meditation. A more focused exploration of the types of practices and how to choose well for your students.
- The opportunity to team teach 2 yoga classes to the community: Kids Yoga (6-12 yrs) Teen Yoga (13-17 yrs.) (parents and siblings welcome)
3 days of training with Liz Shakti & special guest teacher, Leonora Willis
Shakti Kids Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness & Yoga in Schools Manual
Shakti Kids Yoga 20 hour Teacher Training Certificate (20 hour training - 15 hrs live plus 5 hrs homework, observations and practicum)
12 hours 15 minutesZoom session - Saturday
6 hoursZoom Session - Sunday